Share Your Recovery Story
Many thanks for spending time with OC87 Recovery Diaries. When we were out sharing the documentary OC87: The Obsessive Compulsive, Major Depression, Bipolar, Asperger’s Movie with the world, we discovered that some of the most exciting conversations happened after the film ended, when the audience members had a chance to share their compelling stories of struggle and inspiring journeys of recovery.
OC87RecoveryDiaries.com can be a place to share your mental health recovery story to inspire and connect you with others who might learn from your experience.
If you have a story to tell and don’t know how to share it, a great place to start is by commenting on the different entries already on our website and social media channels. Share your mental health recovery story. Talk to the community. Brainstorm ideas. Make connections. That’s what this website is all about.
If you are ready to share your mental health recovery story now, please read the following guidelines. If we are interested in working with you to develop your piece into a OC87 Recovery Diaries essay, you will hear from us in 4 – 6 weeks with information on next steps. The staff of OC87 Recovery Diaries recognizes that substance abuse and/or addiction often co-occur with mental illness, and we welcome essays from writers struggling with mental health and substance co-occurring disorders. However, we regret that we are unable to consider essays or content focusing solely on substance abuse or addiction at this time, nor will we consider essays about recovery from physical ailments or conditions.
Regrettably, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are only able to respond to those authors we intend to feature on the site. If you do not hear from us within 4 – 6 weeks, you may assume that your proposal is not the right fit for OC87 Recovery Diaries, and you are welcome to submit another proposal at that time.
– Please send all inquires to our team at submissions@
– Whether you are sending a completed written work or you are sending links to original videos, music, or artwork, please also include a paragraph in your email introducing yourself and a summary of your mental health recovery journey.
– Essays (1,500 to 2,000 words) should be sent as an email attachment.
– We offer a $500 honorarium for accepted posts.
– You give us permission to post it on OC87RecoveryDiaries.com, on our social media platforms, and in any associated future projects. All of the rights for music, images, and other media must be cleared by you in advance of publication.